The Loja team includes cycle-tested real estate industry veterans as well as fund managers experienced in multiple asset classes in various currency and interest rate environments.
Phone: +1 925.935.4405
1333 N. California Blvd, Suite 575
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Loja intends to build on strength, learn from weakness, and elevate the ethical. Combining Katherine Burr’s and Tom Engberg’s competencies empowers Loja and its team to be greater than the sum of its parts.
Build on strength.
- Emulate the best of the “big boys,” doing the best even better:
- Real estate: underwriting, execution, asset and property management, local presence;
- Institutional fund management: product development, marketing, portfolio management, reporting, investor relationships, client retention.
- Systematize innovation, capitalizing on Loja’s interdisciplinary team, while maintaining discipline in its everyday operations.
Learn from weakness.
- Address the problems of the “big boys,” focusing on execution:
- Balance centralized versus decentralized management; uniform quality across all divisions, proper checks/balances/policies/procedures versus bureaucracy;
- Think more creatively, looking for ways to do things better, experimenting with new ideas.
- Identify, analyze, and address Loja’s weaknesses as an ongoing practice.
Elevate the ethical.
- Loja systematizes the practice of values;
- “Performance that violates your values corrupts, and it will ultimately sap and destroy your strengths.” ~Peter Drucker